Thursday, 25 November 2010
This dress was another find from my recent dig for treasure ... It was a $10 find, which almost never happens these days! It's early 50's, hand painted with red velvet flocking. It's a seriously intense dress, but I think I'm up for the challenge! The shoes, socks and glasses were all gathered secondhand during the same week. The glasses were 50c, and are really heavy 60's coke bottle glasses. And yes, before you ask, I am going to put my own prescription in them!
• Pink flocked 50's dress, opshopped for $10
• Burgundy cable-knit socks, deadstock, opshopped for 75c
• 60's glasses, opshopped for 50c
• 70's oxford, opshopped for $2.50
Can you see my puppy dog in the bottom of the photograph? Her name is Rosie, and she is the sweetest thing:
It just wouldn't be a Pony and Pink blog post without a photograph of me looking like a stunned mullet! i think one of my dogs was doing something strange at the time, and I was staring at him, aghast.
Wednesday, 17 November 2010
I've been at my parent's house for a week or so, on a holiday of sorts. One of my favourite things to do while at home is to scour the opshops in town, which, more often than not, yield pure secondhand gold. This trip was no exception. Everything I'm wearing - except the dress, which was a recent eBay find - is from one of the (many!) opshops in my home town.
• 1970's felt hat with feather, opshopped for $2
• 1970's 'Emma Domb' wedding dress, shortened to a mini, eBay
• Mustard coloured stockings, opshopped for 50c
• 1970's oxford grandma shoes, opshopped for $2.50
• 70's leather belt, opshopped for 50c