Sunday, 6 December 2009
GRAD SHOW GRAD SHOW GRAD SHOW
The opening for this year's graduate exhibition was held on Friday night, and it was more lovely and exciting than I expected! My brother and his kids came down on Friday afternoon as a surprise, my parents and friends were present, and I received some lovely awards and some little red dots.
Fan-bloody-tastic. I could not be happier right now.
Pink was there too, and I'm so sad I didn't get a picture of his spectacular outfit, which, if I recall, combined white jeans, white Doc Martens, a plum-coloured velvet jacket and bow tie.
But I DID, naturally, manage to get photographs of my own outfit on the night. I also took photographs of my mum in her gorgeous 80's Yohji Yamamoto jacket, but they came out blurry. Oops.
Anyhoo, this is what I wore:
• 1950's blue and white lace strapless dress with union label, eBay. Miraculously managed to not break at the seams even after many wines and pad thai noodles. One of my beloved lecturers called it a "meringue", and I think that's about right.
• Red cotton socks, from a dollar shop!
• Spectator dance shoes, bought from a 50's repro shop when I was seventeen.
• Red headband, opshopped.
• 80's Ray-ban Wayfarers, eBay.
• Red 80's clutch handbag (unseen) which was my grandmother's.
Me with "the art", taken by my mother. Squinting suspiciously at some family member or other.