Wednesday, 8 July 2009
This is what I wore to see Coco Avant Chanel last night with friends, and drink a really stunning vanilla rose cocktail. It was incredibly cold outside!
• Pleather motorcycle jacket, secondhand from 'Shag' on Oxford St. I was in Sydney this last weekend and thought it would be balmy compared to Canberra. I didn't anticipate an icy wind, and froze solid. The upside was, I bought this jacket! I love it to bits.
• 1940's black crepe & lace peplum dress, eBay.
• Black wool stockings, opshopped.
• Black 1980's granny boots.
• Yellow wool beret, opshopped.
• Yellow wool-lined perforated driving gloves, eBay. I'm not sure of the vintage. I'll guess 80's to be on the safe side.
• Silk multicoloured scarf, unseen.
Stunned mullet + jacket + gloves.
As for the film, I loved the way it was shot - the colours and shifting focus. I really didn't like the way it seemed to rush towards the end. It felt like an inappropriately straight biopic for an unconventional woman. Still, the clothes were beautiful. Of course.
Did you see it? Did you like it?