On Saturday morning I went opshopping on a complete whim. I hopped out of bed, got dressed in less than a minute and left my house. And drove out to some not-so-near opshops. I went alone, which I haven't done for a long time. It was lovely. I wasn't going to document what I wore (see above, re: dressed in 40 seconds) but then a little girl at the opshop pointed at me as I walked past and said "Look! Daddy! It's a ballerina!!" so I really had to after that. I was beaming - it was so cute.
- Early 60's chiffon orange flower dress, eBay.
- Herringbone tights by 'Voodoo'.
- Cream and black quilted target shoes, which I wear even though I KNOW they rip my feet to shreds. WHY.
- Cream 'basque' cardigan, which you have now seen approximately a bazillion times.
- White 'Diesel' glasses. I love vision!
And I scored:
This belt. It's a cheapie belt, but I've been looking for one like this for ages and I'm a bit of a tightwad when it comes to accessories, so ...
A blue bowling bag. I don't know what I'll use this for yet, but I couldn't resist. Pink and I used to pick up a lot of these types of bags years ago, but recently I've stopped seeing them in opshops so much. Airline bags, too. Hmph.
And my absolute favourite (maybe my favourite find ever):
An early 60's heavy white satin wiggle dress, with detachable tulip skirt, with a bow! And it fit, perfectly. The opshop gods have smiled upon me, though I doubted them and considered converting to eBayicism forever. I have hope again!!