This is what I wore to go to the supermarket to buy hair dye and toner. It was freezing and grey as I walked there, raining hard when I left (so I bought a black umbrella), a windy sunshower halfway through my walk home and a bright, sunny cloudless day when I arrived home. The whole trip didn't take me more than half an hour. What the hell. I added vintage gloves before I left, and I'm glad I did - baby, it's cold outside. Autumn has definitely set in. Which is fantastic where I live, because the trees near my house all seem to go a bright, perfect shade of lipstick red. It's beautiful.
• 1950's pink cotton shirtwaist dress with a neck bow by 'L'Aiglon'. I have had it for a year and have never worn it because it was almost full length. Last weekend my mother was a doll and took it up for me. Now I'm going to wear it as much as I can! This dress and I have so much lost time to make up for!
• Beige lambswool cardigan by Basque, bought years ago.
• Black patent belt, 'Cue'.
• Black bamboo tights, which are incredible. If you happen to be a strict vegan (i.e. living a life sans wool) & are looking for a warm pair of tights, bamboo's the business, I'm tellin' ya.
• Black painting boots.
• Half-shaved hair that desperately needs retouching. To the Bleachmobile!!
Dress and glove detail: