Photograph by dangzit.
While I agree that Valentines Day is a schmaltzy holiday full of tacky teddies and wilting roses, that doesn’t stop me wanting to celebrate. Alone. For and by myself.
This year, I'd like to:
• Try my hand at a raw vegan rose cheesecake.
• Wear fresh red lipstick all day and kiss windows.
• Make a playlist full of romantic classics like “The Scratch” by 7 Year Bitch.
• Buy myself hot pink flowers.
• Keep my fingers crossed that it rains so I can run out and play in the rain in a 1940’s bathing suit.
• Make lingerie from pieces of silk that I keep hoarding and never use.
• Make antique-style valentines with text saying things like, “you’re okay, I guess”, and “please don’t ever wear clothes again”. You know, sentimental stuff.
• If I were a little more bitter around this time of year, I’d get these gorgeous fripperies. I might anyway.
And keep your eyes peeled for a guest post at Yes and Yes, written by this little Pony, about taking yourself on dates (and, naturally, what to wear while on them)!