• Wear these pearl restraints by Kiki de Montparnasse looped around your wrists, if you have 4k to spare. If you don't, buying strings of faux pearls - or thrifted and inherited pearl necklaces - and wearing them around your wrists could have a gorgeous effect.
• They're not quite diamond leashes, but an inexpensive, wearable DIY version can be achieved by buying some rhinestones by the yard, attaching a D-ring and a clip and ta daaa! Diamante leashes worn as bracelets.
• Don a long black lace dress that trails on the floor and rustles when you walk.
• Black eyeshadow in large rings around your eyes. This is difficult to pull off without looking like a zombie or Robert Smith. Or a zombie Robert Smith.
• Dye your hair a fiery auburn.
• Wear false eyelashes. The Marchesa was reportedly buried in false eyelashes and leopard skin attire. I love these.
And the particularly hardcore may want either:
• The taxidermy jewellery made by lovedtodeath, which will make a nice homage to the Marchesa’s extensive menagerie,
• Or perhaps a tattoo of her Shakespearean epitaph, which reads:
Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety.
And if all else fails, carrying a copy of her biography is a perfect way to inject a little Casati in anyone’s day.