Well, I woke up kind of grumpy and unwilling to get dressed, today. I knew I had to drag myself out of bed and go to the markets for food, but frankly, I felt like wearing my pyjamas.
I did eventually manage to wear something not made for sleeping in. And this dress always cheers me up. It's just about the happiest colour in the world, and something about the way the dress hangs on the body is beautiful.
• A yellow taffeta 1940's dress, eBay.
• 1930's petticoat (underneath)
• Pewter high heel oxfords, eBay
• 2 faux pearl necklaces, purchased from an ex-theatre sale
• 1 pearl necklace, borrowed-and-never-returned, from my mother
• Pewter chain JAG necklace, Myer
• A rhinestone starburst brooch, inherited from my grandmother's costume jewellery collection.
Here's a detail of the necklaces: